June 22, 2014

A little Floral number

Okay I have to say this is one of my Favorite projects I have ever done! Nothing is more feminine and beautiful than flowers am I right??? It's so simple and pretty that it will be living in Jossie's bedroom for the next year. Simply because I love looking at it! 
What you'll need: 
Scrap cardboard 
Pencil 
Exacto knife 
Silk flowers 
Hot glue gun 
I went to hobby lobby and lucky me all the silk flowers were 50% off! SCORE! I love it when that happens. Get a few big flowers and lots of small buds and then a bunch of even smaller filler flowers to hide the unsightly cardboard between blooms. 
1st I grabbed some scrap cardboard I had been keeping in my garage I knew I would find a purpose for it sooner or later! I hand drew the fanciest 3 I could think of and used an Exacto knife to cut it out.
I think it's best to keep it on the thin side. The bigger your number or letter the more flowers you'll need. Start by removing all the flowers for their stems leaving basically a nub to work with.
I did a craptacular (that's totally a word) job at taking step by step photos. My sister who is a crafting and interior design genius gave me some advice that I pretty much live by. She said odd numbers are most pleasing to the eye. So I just used 3 big roses. I took my scissors and poked a small hole in the cardboard then put a dot of hot glue in the hole and pushed what's left of the stem in. Note: I made the mistake of popping the stem all the way through the cardboard and I don't recommend it. It can make the whole letter bend and flimsy. After the biggest ones are on I slid some of the leaves here and there for more texture and color. Then basically add all the rest of your flowers using the same technique till no cardboard is visible. And viola! You have an adorable/easy/cheap center piece!!! If you uses this tutorial tag me on Instagram @christineyallen I'd love to see what you come up with! Xoxo 
I couldn't come up with decent way to make it stand up. So I did the fanciest thing I could think of.. I taped it to a vase. Hey it worked! 







SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS