February 04, 2014

Easy no sew bows!

Hey lovelies, I've put together a fun and easy let me emphasize EASY tutorial for you. Anyone could do this project even those who claim not to be crafty. This is for you! 
So my  girls have a few outfits that I had no hair accessories for also I was sick to death of people calling Kate a boy. Am I the only mom who gets fired up? I'm like hello she's in a pink car seat with a pink blanket. Anyway moving on.  I decided I just needed to make my own bows these were even easier than I thought they would be!  Now I feel the need to make hundreds of these bad boys. 
What you'll need:
Scrap fabric 
Scissors 
Hot glue gun 
Small alligator hair clips 
Iron 
  It might all be stuff you have on hand but if you don't have the alligator clips you can pick up a box at Sally's . 
Grab any scrap fabric you might have. I ran to the local fabric store an snagged a few fat quarters they are perfect for this project. 
Cut your fabric 7 1/2 inches long by 5 Inches wide
It really doesn't need to be perfect. I like to do this hillbilly thing called "eye balling it" it works just fine haha.
Then fold it in thirds width wise so the raw edges meet in the center. 
I like to iron the creases so it looks nicer and stays folded. 
Then fold in thirds length wise so the edges meet in the center again. 
Iron those creases. 
I kinda accordion folded it until it looked how I wanted then pinched it from the front side of the bow and hot glued the back side. (Don't mind my nasty chipped nails) 

Then I cut another piece of fabric 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. 
Fold it in thirds width wise but this time it overlaps all the way to the edge.
Iron down the creases. 
Now get your alligator clip and put it over your little rectangle. Put a dot of hot glue on the underside and stick in on the back of your bow. 
This is a little tricky. Now wrap the free edge of the rectangle all the way around the bow and with the clip open  put a dot of hot glue  over  the spot you attached the rectangle and secure the fabric down.  Now you have a perfect little bow you can clip to anything! 
Here's the finished product. I made a cute orange one to match my Jossie's little dance outfit. 
This kid is girl through and through she wanted to put on some make up for her picture . How could I resist?  She is so sweet! 
She used my peach blush now she may or may not look like she rubbed Cheetos all over her face. 
Make some bows and let me know your feed back! I'd love to hear from you! 
Xoxox. 




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS